This is a page for stuff I don’t need anymore, but someone might. Note that some of the items (particularly the locomotive operating manuals) are subject to copyright. Material will be added (and perhaps deleted) over time. Keep an eye out here for new additions and email me with an offer. Most items will probably be free just at the cost of shipping.
G22CU/CW Locomotive Service Manual (EMD, La Grange, Illinois, USA. Generic to New Zealand Railways GMD Df-class). Disposed
- G22CU/CW Locomotive Operator’s Manual (New Zealand Railways Df-Class locomotive, First Edition, Jan 1979, GM of Canada Ltd, Diesel Division, London, Ontario, Canada)
odel 645E 8-, 12-, and 16-cyl Blower-Type Engine Maintenance Manual (4th Edition, June 1977, EMD Service Dept, La Grange, Illinois, USA).Disposed
E Dash 8 Locomotive Service Manual. 1987 model as built for for Mount Newman Mining/BHP Iron Ore, Western Australia. This manual includes  a full set of those excellent and explanatory MAD system cartoon diagrams (acknowledgements to GE’s Mike Dombrowski) and  a General Comparison Table for 1987-model Dash 7 and Dash 8 locomotives.Disposed
- GE Da
sh 8 Locomotive Operating Manual (1987, General Electric Transportation Systems, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA). Disposed The Modern Locomotive Handbook (A textbook on the operation of today’s locomotives), 7th Printing 1981, from The Railway Fuel & Operating Officer’s Assn, Connecticut, USA. Features EMD, GE, and Alco/MLW models. A pocket-sized book but over 280 pages. Disposed
- Management of Train Operation & Train Handling. Reprint July 1993, The Air Brake Assn, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
D50 Locomotive Operator’s Manual 1st Edition, Nov 1980, EMD, La Grange, Illinois, USA. Large-scale SD40-2 General Arrangement and Location Diagram (from The Railway Educational Bureau, Omaha, Nebraska, USA) included.Disposed
- The Air Brake Association, Proceedings of Annual Convention & Technical Conference. Various volumes, some yet to be located. 73rd 1981, 77th 1985, 78th 1986, 88th 1996.
Westrail S-Class EMD JT42C Locomotive Operator’s Handbook (2nd Edition, June 1998, Clyde Engineering Motive Power Division, Granville, NSW, Australia). Disposed
- Australian Nat
ional DL-Class Clyde/GM AT42C Locomotive Operating Manual (No. 256, 1st Edition, Jan 1998, (Clyde Engineering Motive Power Division, Kelso NSW, Australia)Disposed Goldsworthy Mining Ltd GML-Class Clyde/GM JT42C Locomotive Operating Manual (No. 258, Preliminary Edition, May 1990, Clyde Engineering Motive Power Division, Kelso NSW, Australia. This manual accompanied the delivery of locomotive GML-10 to Port Hedland in 1990. The unit is a one-of-a-kind hybrid, being based on two earlier classes of Clyde-built locomotives. Its frame and hood-structure is essentially a V/Line N-Class, while its traction equipment and mechanical configuration aligns with that employed on Australian National’s DL-Class. The unit was last known being operated by Qube Logistics).Disposed Westrail P-Class Goninan/GE CM25-8 Locomotive Operating Manual with Locotrol III equipment. (2nd Edition, Aug 1997, A Goninan & Co Ltd, Cardiff NSW, Australia)Disposed
- Questions & Answers on the AB Freight Car Brake Equipment (2nd Edition, 1952, The Air Brake Assn, Chicago, Illinois, USA)
- The Basic Training Manual for Brakemen and Switchmen (1979, Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp, Omaha, Nebraska, USA)
- Diesel Electric Locomotives – Description & Fault Finding Part 2 (State Rail Authority of NSW, Freight Services Branch, 1989). Covering Alco, GM, and Goninan 47-Class locomotives.
- Diesel Electric Locomotives – General Working Instructions for Locomotive Observers (State Rail Authority of NSW, Freight Services Branch, 1985)
- Operation and Management of Diesel Electric Locomotives Part 2 (covering 42, 421, 422, 43, 44, 442, 45, 47, 48, and 49 Classes. 1976, Public Transport Commission of NSW)
Locomotive Handbook for the Guidance and Instruction of Drivers, Firemen, and Cleaners (Pocket booklet, The Emu Bay Railway Co Ltd)
- Information Pertaining to Examinations of Firemen-Hostlers and Engineers (Booklet, 1949, The Jackson Terminal Railroad Co, Jacksonville, Florida)
- Diesel Locomotives – EMD GP9 Power Plant Details (The Railway Educational Bureau, Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp, Omaha, Nebraska, USA)
QR. Locotrol 105 enginemen’s handbookDisposed General Electric Pocket Reference Cards (Governor Tracking Chart; Start Station and Overspeed Station 1983 model; Reporting Trouble – Series-7 Locomotives; Reference Designations – Series-7 Locomotives; Alarms/Protective Devices/Safety Devices//Data for new Series-7 Locomotives; Horsepower Trouble Analysis; Diesel Engine Trouble Analysis; DID Panel Test Mode for new Series-8 Locomotive; DID Panel Monitor Modes new Series-8 Locomotive – 1985).Disposed
- History of Railways (New England Library). Rare partwork from the early 1970s. All 48 issues. Excellent condition. Cover pages have been removed for binding so that the page numbering remains consecutive through the issues, but the cover images are reproduced internally as content. Includes many graphic renderings of rollingstock by the famous Clifford and Wendy Meadway. Vol 2 contains the Index to both volumes. A MASSIVE resource of historical information, images, and illustrations. USD$156 for one volume at Amazon. $AUD$100 for the two volumes, plus postage from me.
- Great Trains – Sequel to History of Railways (New England Library). Rare partwork from the early 1970s. Contains all 24 issues in the series. USD$156 from Amazon. AUD$70 plus postage from me.